With the increasing rate of various types of cyber crimes, it is imperative that civilian and military internet policing cell should collaborate.
Till now, it was not happening due to the petty wrangling between the two departments. But now the first steps for the joint partnership are being taken by the both. But it is not so easy.
The Departments of Defense and Homeland Security have decided to start with placing some officials at each other’s offices. Today, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Defense Secretary Robert Gates signed an agreement regarding the each department’s role in a event of a cyber hit.
The rules have not been changed, when it comes to the role of the departments in the type of websites they protect, but they have tried to establish a working relationship between them, regarding finding the culprits.
The agreement starts with the exchange of the personnel to the head offices. NSA, the department of defense will place of its officers at the Office of Homeland Security and similarly, Department of Homeland Security will place some people at NSA Head office. This will lead to fast and relevant information exchange, which in turn will help to secure the internet better.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat