LG Display announced on Monday that it has developed ultra-thin LCD TV panel, measuring just 2.6mm in thickness.
LG Display, one of the largest LCD producers, will manufacture a 42-inch edge LED backlit TV around the world’s thinnest panel.
LG Display's ultra-thin LCD TV panel, which is still a prototype, will snatch the crown for the world’s thinnest LCD TV panel.
The South Korean company said that the 42-inch panel is ideal for wall-mounted TVs as it weighs less than 4 kilograms.
But, LG Display added that it does not have any plan for the mass production of the new ultra-thin screens.
The company will demonstrate the new screen at the International Consumer Electronics in Las Vegas next month.
- Survival Rates for Breast, Prostate and Bowel Cancer will improve by 2020
- Rise in Number of Survivors Over 85 Years in England, Wales
- Dr. Foster Hospital Guide Finds Rise in Mortality Rate in Hospitals
- 22-yr-old spots glowing eel-like creature in UK
- Wife needs more time to decide if she wants to go ahead with a pregnancy using her dead husbands’ frozen sperm