LG Display announced on Monday that it has developed ultra-thin LCD TV panel, measuring just 2.6mm in thickness.
LG Display, one of the largest LCD producers, will manufacture a 42-inch edge LED backlit TV around the world’s thinnest panel.
LG Display's ultra-thin LCD TV panel, which is still a prototype, will snatch the crown for the world’s thinnest LCD TV panel.
The South Korean company said that the 42-inch panel is ideal for wall-mounted TVs as it weighs less than 4 kilograms.
But, LG Display added that it does not have any plan for the mass production of the new ultra-thin screens.
The company will demonstrate the new screen at the International Consumer Electronics in Las Vegas next month.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study