Manchester Airport officials said that the airport is still open and workmen are busy in removing ice from runway one.
Speaking on the issue, a spokesperson for the airport said, “We are not closed at the moment - just clearing snow from runway one.”
It was also informed that some of the flights, which were cancelled because of heavy snowstorms, have also been resumed.
Earlier, incoming and outgoing flights were delayed for roughly one and a half hour as the work of de-iceing runway one was in progress.
Passengers boarded a Thomas Cook flight had to remain sitting on the parked plane for hours without food.
The Met Department predicted heavy snowfall to continue across Greater Manchester.
- Cancer charity committee looks for volunteers
- Collapse of non-emergency NHS phoneline leads to doubling of cost to Bolton
- Brit soldier first in UK to receive mind-controlled prosthetic limb
- Since Asperger revelation, Susan Boyle performs on Loose Women for the
- Gerard Butler’s appeal against five-year ban