Manchester Airport officials said that the airport is still open and workmen are busy in removing ice from runway one.
Speaking on the issue, a spokesperson for the airport said, “We are not closed at the moment - just clearing snow from runway one.”
It was also informed that some of the flights, which were cancelled because of heavy snowstorms, have also been resumed.
Earlier, incoming and outgoing flights were delayed for roughly one and a half hour as the work of de-iceing runway one was in progress.
Passengers boarded a Thomas Cook flight had to remain sitting on the parked plane for hours without food.
The Met Department predicted heavy snowfall to continue across Greater Manchester.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat