For more than 100 countries across the world, October 10 is known as World Mental Health Day. In some cultures, this day has special significance for many wedding couples.
Mental health and mental disorders problems are discussed on the global awareness campaign.
Yesterday at Marina Square, the World Mental Health Day was celebrated, where people participated in several fun-filled activities meant to encourage people to stay happy and be positive in life.
Mr. Hawazi Daipi, Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Ministry of Health and Ministry of Manpower inaugurated the event.
According to the Health Promotion Board (HPB), in order to keep a good mental health, one needs to be happy.
The activities included designing bags, shooting hoops, and sketching and the main aim of the HPB was to spread the benefits of being happy among young and old people.
HPB Deputy Director Sng Yan Ling said, “At every point in our life, we could all do with a dose of optimism and positive thinking”.
She said that as per a 2004 survey, one out of six people in Singapore will suffer from one or the other form of mental problem.
As per a recent study by HPB, people said that family and friends play an important role in mental well-being. Some said that spirituality helped them in dealing with life’s difficulties with courage.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat