The demand for an inquiry into the alleged internal divisions at the Office of Public Prosecutions (OPP) has been rubbished by Jeremy Rapke, the Director of Public Prosecutions. It has been state earlier that there is a sense of opposition between Mr. Rapke and the Deputy of Public Prosecutions, Mr. Gavin Silbert.
Mr. Rapke has been accused of appointing inexperienced lawyers for significant roles in the OPP. A senior prosecutor has even gone to the extent of resignation after accusing the DPP.
However, Mr. Rapke has rubbished the allegations and opposed the need of an inquiry. But still, Mr. Robert Clarke, spokesman for the Opposition has asked for an examination into the internal divisions by a retired judge. .
Mr. Rapke while speaking out against the allegations and the need for an inquiry stated that he did not believe in outside interference into the internal workings of the organization. He added that everyone in the organization was an adult and knew the need of working together.
The DPP also went ahead to deny allegations about an indecent relationship with a lawyer. In defense, he stated that he and lawyer Dianna Karamicov were friends and anything else was absolutely baseless.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn