Network provider Three UK has announced that the RIM BlackBerry Torch 9800 is now available on its airwaves.
The Torch 9800 is RIM’s first smartphone with the New BalckBerry 6 operating system to hit the market. The handset can be purchased for £249 upfront and £35 per month contract. The deal offers 2,000 free minutes, 5,000 free texts plus 1GB of data.
The Torch 9800 comes equipped with a 3.2-inch capacitive touchscreen, a 5-megapixel camera with auto focus, LED flash and video recording capabilities and a slide out QWERTY keyboard.
Other striking features of the handset include the new slider sports HSDPA connectivity options, a battery that can offer up to 340 minutes of talk-time or up to 14 days of standby time and 4GB of internal memory.
The device offers free access to Twitter and Windows Live Messenger, along with access to several other connectivity options such as BlackBerry Messenger and the BlackBerry App World.
Commenting on the new handset, the carrier stated, "When paired with Three's high speed network, the Blackberry Torch really comes into its own, allowing users to access their favourite web pages and social networking sites with ease."
The carrier also announced that the BalckBerry Curve 9300 is now available for purchase on Pay as You Go deal.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat