The largest retailer of the world, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. has announced that it is going to work combined with the health insurance firm Humana Inc. to provide the cheapest prescription drug plan in the United States as the drug companies are seeking to take sales of the medicines from their rivals.
The drug companies are expected to start marketing of the plan from today onwards as a part of the health programme of the US government for the elderly and disabled patients.
The vice president of Humana Inc, William Fleming said in his statement in a conference that the policies will take effect completely from 1st January and it will cost 14.80 dollars per month which is less than half of the average premium of this year.
Both of the companies are expected rise in their sales by this programme. Humana Inc. is the second largest Medicare benefits provider in the United States just after the UnitedHealth Group Inc. The firm provides stand alone prescription plans to almost 1.7 million Americans. The health insurer is expecting a strong rise in its sales because of the popularity and marketing of Wal-Mart.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study