Baby sleep positioners were made to prevent the babies from rolling onto their stomachs. But they are now considered to be ‘dangerous nursery products’.
The Federal Regulators say that these products can be very harmful for kids. The infants can get trapped and die of suffocation. The regulators are demanding that the manufacturers should stop making them and the retailers should stop selling the product.
Two U. S. safety agencies and the country's top pediatricians group has warned the parents about the harmful effects of the baby sleep positioners and are urging them to stop using them.
Inez Tenenbaum, who is the Chairman of Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), expressed her concern over the deaths of the infants from the use of infant sleep positioners.
In the past 13 years, at least 12 cases have been reported, where the infants felt suffocated because of sleep positioner products.
CPSC and FDA officials in a statement mentioned that the sleep positioners are sold in the market with the claim that they help in the reduction of gastroesophageal reflux disease or ’flat head syndrome’ and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), but instead they suffocate babies and cause other problems.
It is not clear as to how many sleep positioners are present in the market, as the manufacturers do require an approval from the FDA to make these products.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat