Last weekend, over $1500 was collected for the Cancer Council's Relay For Life through bowls event.
According to Event organizer Rae Batho, the event was a huge hit. She said, "Although we didn't raise as much as last time we held the Relay For Life, the bowls event was very much a success".
She revealed that some of their bowlers were clad in the purple Relay For Life shirts and hats that looked amazing on the green fields.
Batho expressed gratitude to the Wellington Bowling Club, due to whom the event was made possible.
Club secretary, Mike Connelly and the lady bowlers were also on the thanks list, who had offered a delectable lunch to the participants. A number of team aides, Tierney's Central Butchery and to Terry and Nancy Jackson, were also thanked for offering magnificent contributions.
The event was able to collect $1510. All the money from the sale of the tickets was directed towards the Cancer Council.
Mrs. Batho said that the rug draw was well-liked. Jessica Fineran and Gizela Mezes had the winning tickets.
She said that the purple Relay For Life bucket hats became a rage. If you like to buy a hat for $10, you can contact Rae on 6845 2665.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study