The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has taken a strict view on the makers of famous pomegranate juice, Pom Wonderful and has filed a complaint against them.
Lynda and Stewart Resnick are the owners of the Los Angeles- based Company and FTC has alleged that the two have violated federal law and are making false and unsubstantiated claims about the health benefits that their product provides.
The juice was first launched in 2002 and since then it has became a craze, thanks to the company's strong marketing tactics. These advertising also show that the products can help prevent heart diseases, prostate cancer and also other sexual dysfunctions.
As per the company, they have spent close to $34 million in scientific research related to pomegranate. And through that they have been able to develop special characteristics in the juice.
While filing its complaint, the commission was also skeptical. It raised questions on the way the scientific research on the whole thing was done. They said that the products are in no way effective in controlling certain diseases.
This means that the consumers are being completely mislead and that is punishable by law.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn