A Shih Tzu puppy naming `Precious' was given to Wendy Leow, a Public Relations Consultant and her family in February by a friend, who was later on discovered with skin allergy scabies.
When taken to a veterinary doctor Petaling Jaya, Selangor, the dog was detected with scabies in March. Leow expressed that they got scared with the diagnosis of the disease, which was contagious and could spread to dogs and even people.
The misleading treatment by the vet deprived Precious of his right eye. When again he was taken to the vet, he recommended trimming the fur around his face blaming the same for the problem and prescribed some eye drops. The situation got worsened and the dog was being recommended to undergo a surgery.
The vet and his team carried out the surgery and it took 40 days to perform the stitching on the eye, but that damaged his vision. On getting opinion from a second vet, the dog was detected with yeast infection, so dietary changes were made in his meal, but the clinic didn't attend the dog properly.
With his own experiment, Leow found out that a teaspoonful of yogurt with each diet helped rectifying Precious' skin trouble.
The surveillance on the former vet by StarTwo discovered that the vet that treated the dog was not qualified and was merely an assistant and was not registered. He had some other complaints in the store too.