The Senior Minister of State for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dr. Balaji Sadasivan has succumbed to the fatal colon cancer. Dr. Sadasivan had been suffering from the ailment over the past few years.
Dr. Sadasivan had even undergone surgery for the removal of the tumor from his colon on the 23rd of September in the year 2008. Following his demise, the 55-year-old statesman from Singapore has left behind his wife and two children.
A good friend and a colleague of the deceased, Mr. George Yeo, Minister of Foreign Affairs had tweeted early this morning that Balaji Sadasivan had passed away. His Facebook account clearly mentioned the grief Mr. George Yeo was going through, where he had stated Dr. Balaji as a good friend and a colleague.
Dr. Sadasivan had an illustrious career both as a neurosurgeon and a statesman. Mr. Sadasivan was first elected as a Member of Parliament for Ang Mo Kio GRC in the general elections in 2001. Following the election, Dr. Sadasivan was also elected as the Minister of State for the Ministry of Health from November2001 to August 2004.
He was also the Minister of State in the Ministry for the Environment from November 2001 to May 2003 and the Ministry of Transport from May 2003 to August 2004.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn