A recent report done by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention claims that 1 in 5 gay and bisexual men in the United States has AIDS and half of them are unknown of the fact that they are infected.
Every year nearly 56,300 Americans get HIV infected and nearly 18,000 die from AIDS.
A detailed report has been drawn out on the topic "HIV in the United States."
As per the findings of CDC that lingered around the facts released on the third National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day being observed Monday.
The Chicago Tribune released an outlook claiming the release of the disease which has been published under the title "Many gay men in Chicago who have HIV don't know it."
Meanwhile the report added that with respect to federal government who constantly fights for the cause of HIV/AIDS epidemic and seemingly the money involved in doing this is near about $20 billion and $26 billion, and over $3.2 billion has been headed towards research. President Barack Obama has proclaimed $27 billion for 2011.
CDC reports states that there were 35,962 new AIDS cases in 2007, with deaths totaling 11,295, or 3.7 deaths per 100,000 population, which is an alarming figure.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study