Electronic Arts (EA), the published behind the blockbuster games such as Battlefield and Need for Speed, believes that that Sony's PlayStation 3 gaming console will be able to surpass sales of rival Microsoft's Xbox 360 as far as the UK gaming market is concerned.
EA’s senior Vice President for Europe, Jens Uwe Intat, is of the view that regardless of the slow start Sony has the potential to catch up with the Xbox 360 in the country.
In an interview with trade magazine MCV, he said, “We could certainly see Sony come back – in the UK it’s still a head-to-head competition between PlayStation and Xbox, but on the continent Sony is traditionally stronger than Microsoft.”
The PlayStation 3 has been facing cut-throat competition from the revamped slim Xbox 360. Sales of Microsoft’s gaming console have jumped to almost double this week, owing to the recent release of Halo. Microsoft’s Xbox 360 is expected to get a further boost form the upcoming Kinect motion sensor.
Jens Uwe Intat believes that competition between Sony and Microsoft will help EA because tough competition between the two companies will allow EA sell more games to more people.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study