Santander, the largest bank in Spain and Europe, made an announcement yesterday saying that it would initiate a process of recruitment in Glasgow, Liverpool, and Leicester, to fill 400 positions in the call centers. These new posts would be added to the 600 positions which were offered in July this year. By March 2011, Santander is expected to complete filling all the posts.
Through these new posts, Santander would be boosting its presence in the UK and would generate more business in its markets. Currently, Santander is having 22,500 personnel across the bank’s branches in the UK. Santander is considered as one of the five responsible banks in 2009, with Lloyds TSB, Nationwide, Barclay’s and RBS sharing the name, due to their 80% mortgage lending.
Liz Cameron, Chief Executive of the Scottish Chamber of Commerce, commented on Santander’s announcement saying, “This is fantastic news for Glasgow and the wider west of Scotland area. It continues to illustrate the importance of financial sector and, as importantly, the need for us to develop a strong skill base”.
Santander Bank is now the owner of Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Bingley and deal with the banking operations of 25 million UK customers.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study