After failing a dope test, Lindsay Lohan was sent to jail by a judge; but merely spending a few hours inside prison, she was freed.
A Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Spokesperson said that the Mean Girls star had been released from jail in the later parts of Friday, after giving bail money worth $300,000.
Elden Fox, Superior Court judge did not allow her bail, but appeals court later overturned the verdict.
This was the third time that Lohan landed in the jail for a drink and drive case; the first was reported back in 2007.
From now on, she will have to wear an alcohol monitor on her ankle, and also, will have to keep away from loitering around outlets that sell alcohol, which is till she appears in the court on 22nd October.
Then, it would be decided by the judge if the actress breached her trial by failing in the dope test.
The previous jail encounters for Lohan lasted 84 minutes and 14 days correspondingly.
Previously, the actress informed she had in fact failed drug test via a post on her Twitter account.
"Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn't go away over night", she said.
- Survival Rates for Breast, Prostate and Bowel Cancer will improve by 2020
- Rise in Number of Survivors Over 85 Years in England, Wales
- Dr. Foster Hospital Guide Finds Rise in Mortality Rate in Hospitals
- 22-yr-old spots glowing eel-like creature in UK
- Wife needs more time to decide if she wants to go ahead with a pregnancy using her dead husbands’ frozen sperm