After failing a dope test, Lindsay Lohan was sent to jail by a judge; but merely spending a few hours inside prison, she was freed.
A Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Spokesperson said that the Mean Girls star had been released from jail in the later parts of Friday, after giving bail money worth $300,000.
Elden Fox, Superior Court judge did not allow her bail, but appeals court later overturned the verdict.
This was the third time that Lohan landed in the jail for a drink and drive case; the first was reported back in 2007.
From now on, she will have to wear an alcohol monitor on her ankle, and also, will have to keep away from loitering around outlets that sell alcohol, which is till she appears in the court on 22nd October.
Then, it would be decided by the judge if the actress breached her trial by failing in the dope test.
The previous jail encounters for Lohan lasted 84 minutes and 14 days correspondingly.
Previously, the actress informed she had in fact failed drug test via a post on her Twitter account.
"Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn't go away over night", she said.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study