Sling Media has launched its first hi-def streaming device, called the Slingbox PRO-HD, in the UK.
The Slingbox PRO-HD lets its users watch all their hi-def favourite content anywhere around the globe. That means users of the new device will be able to watch all TV channels as well as any content stored on their HD PVR, such as over the air DVBT digital signals, statellite channels and HDTV cable - in full HD on any laptop, iPhone handset or Android mobile. However, it requires users to have a WiFi or 3G connection.
The Slingbox PRO-HD has the ability to take control of consumers’ Sky + planner remotely, widescreen (16:9) video support and support for standard (4:3).
In addition, the Slingbox PRO-HD features multiple integrated sets of audio-video inputs and outputs such as Digital Terrestrial TV Tuner and S-video, along with integrated looping outputs for each input.
Access to the web service is now provided through Slingbox. com, which means that the users can now use any PC to watch his/her stored or live TV content.
The Slingbox PRO-HD will be available in the UK store over the next few weeks with a price tag of £249.99. However, those who want to watch TV on iPhone or Android phones will have to purchase the Slingbox iPhone app or the SlingPlayer Android app that cost £17.99 and £20.00, respectively.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study