The UK Government is employing a new IT project with Service providers Atos Origin and CapGemini being on the top of the list for supporters. Both suppliers have been waiting since July, and on Friday, the Cabinet Office signed the memorandum with Atos Origin, according to the latter's reports.
However, the Company's Spokeswoman told ZDNet UK that this contract is not going to affect the earlier contracts of Atos Origin, but she refused to reply on the reporters' questions regarding the number of projects that the Government has signed up with Atos Origin.
Keith Wilman, the UK Chief Executive of the Company, said in a statement, "These important negotiations mark the start of a new era for Atos Origin. We have the expertise to drive transformation through innovative commercial and technology solutions and fully support the UK Government".
The Cabinet Office Minister Francis Maude commented on the deal saying that in the next few weeks, a large fund has to be provided by tax payers, in order to initiate the project. The initial estimate for the financial budget was around hundreds of millions of Pounds, said Cabinet Office Minister Maude.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism