The Motorola Milestone, better known as Droid in the United States, is selling like hot cakes in the UK since its launch on December 10.
According to the eXpansys, the online retailer that owns exclusive rights to sell the Motorola Milestone, the handset made a record by getting sold in 2.5 hours after being listed ‘in stock’ on December 10.
Speaking on the issue, eXpansys CEO Roger Butterworth said, “We received the units at 10am on Thursday, 2.5 hours later we had sold out.”
Mr. Butterworth further added that the second shipment would reach in time for Christmas orders.
Popularity of the Motorola Milestone can be measured by the fact that the online retailer received more than 1,000 pre-orders in just one week before the handset made its debut.
The Motorola Milestone has 3.7-inch touch screen, 32GB memory, a slide out QWERTY keyboard. It runs Android 2.0.
SIM-free Motorola Milestone is available with a price tag of 449.99 pounds.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn