One of the leads on Desperate Housewives, Marcia Cross is a mouthpiece to a number of charities; however, she shares a special bond with Stand Up To Cancer since it was her husband, Tom Mahoney, who suffered from cancer when it had been diagnosed in the previous year.
Cross is ready to make an appearance on organization’s 2010 telethon along with industry stars like Adam Sandler, Denzel Washington, Stevie Wonder, George Clooney, Gwyneth Paltrow and Renée Zellweger.
This Desperate Housewives actress is the latest from the Hollywood fraternity to have signed up with this cancer telethon.
In the previous year, when she learnt about her husband’s condition, it almost devastated her. But the good news later received by her and her husband rejoiced them, since they came to know that Mahoney was 100% clear of cancer.
While talking to TVGuide. com, she said that after cancer, it is always checking and more of checking, and the fact remains that almost all tend to get affected with cancer.
She said that since people better connect with their favorite stars, appearing on the series will at least urge viewers to come up and make some contribution, since no one is better or worse but same. And this telethon would be one great way of being connected with all.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat