It is speculated that every day in the US, cancer takes a toll on over 1,500 people and about 8 million will die because of the disease this year.
A large number of celebs will come together tonight for Stand Up To Cancer, which is a live fundraiser and will be telecasted on various television networks. The one-hour long event will begin at 8 p. m. Eastern time.
The fundraiser also called SU2C aims to sponsor pioneering research for cancer and also come up with new treatments for the victims of cancer as early as possible. The organization finances "dream teams" of doctors who will take a step forward in the field of cancer research.
The event will be co-hosted by Diane Sawyer, and evening news anchors Katie Couric and Brian Williams.
Stand Up to Cancer will see actors, athletes, reporters and musicians, together with musical concerts and motivating stories from cancer survivors. The event will be broadcasted in 195 nations.
Besides ABC, CBS and NBC, SU2C will be aired on FOX, Current TV, Bio, Discovery Health, E!, G4, HBO, MLB Network, HBO Latino, mun2, Showtime and others.
Neil Diamond, Herbie Hancock, The Edge, Lady Antebellum, Leona Lewis, Martina McBridge and Stevie Wonder are among the musical guests that will grace the event.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study