Vodafone UK has largely remained tight-lipped on Research in Motion's (RIM) new BlackBerry Torch 9800 handset details, but BlackBerry Leaks claims that it managed to attain Vodafone pricing for the handset.
BlackBerry Leaks said that the BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone would be made available on an 18 month and two-year contracts.
The 18-month contract would cost between £20 and £40 per month, while the two-year contract would cost just £15 per month.
The handset itself will start costing from £49. Potential customers will be able to get the handset on a pay-as-you-go for £399. However, like other high-end phones, the BlackBerry Torch 9800 handset will be offered for free with heftier price plans.
Canadian mobile phone manufacturer RIM’s Torch 9800 features an 8cm touchscreen, a 5-megapixel camera and a slide-out QWERTY keypad. Fore connectivity, the handset offers built-in GPS and Wi-Fi.
The Torch 9800, which was unveiled around a month ago, is the first RIM handset to run Blackberry 6 operating system. The Torch 9800 has no official release date, but the device is widely expected to be released in October.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study