The up-gradation of the operating system of tablet device Streak manufactured by Dell and running on Android 1.6, caused problems for a number of users.
On Monday, the Streak, which was introduced by O2, initiated the up-gradation of the Android 1.6 to Android 2. Though, some carried out the process successfully, others who faced certain problems flooded Dell and O2 forums with their complaints.
In upgrading their tablets’ OS to Android 2.1, the applications that got hit the most were PC synchronization, Windows Media Video playback and the Facebook widget, those OS upgraded experienced problems like replacing data and applications that were already installed. In some cases, there were problems like reversed volume buttons and fading browser controls.
It is advisable if the consumers before going ahead with the up-gradation process make a back up of their all stored data. Many users overlooked this essential step, who met with troubles. Even those who had a back up of their data witnessed problems, which were not addressed by Dell.
It’s not easy to run every second device with Android’s operating system. Such over ambitions lead to problematic conditions for Dell, for which it is not coming up with specific measures.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study