According to the Financial Times, Santander would be looking to hire another 6,000 employees over the time span of next year or two. Santander is also known to be one of the biggest lenders across the European zone.
Santander already has 5,000 new employees, who it acquired after the acquisition of 318 branches from the Royal Bank of Scotland.
Royal Bank of Scotland, which has been in a sea of troubles lately, has further stated that it would be planning to cut another 3500 jobs in the near future which would bring down its employees in the UK down to 20,600.
Royal Bank of Scotland has had 9,000 job cuts across RBS business centers with call centers and IT departments taking most damage.
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat
- $10 Urine Test is Twice as Accurate as Existing Tests for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- People Shorter in height May be Short of Intellect too: Study