The World's Biggest Coffee Morning has got the great challenge of raising £55,000, this year, so as to serve the cancer patients.
Now, the fans of cuppa have an opportunity to help Macmillan Cancer by donating funds for the national day of fundraising on September 24. These funds will help in improving the vital services of the Macmillan Cancer.
As a part of the World's Biggest Coffee Morning, total 286 events were held all across the New York in 2009, raising £51,254 funds.
However, target for this year has been increased to £55,000, which will be given to cancer specialists for the proper treatment.
Emma Birrell, 40, who is a mother of three, has already registered her name for the event. Emma grandfather and a close friend died of cancer.
"I don't know many people who haven't been touched by cancer. A good friend of mine died last year and I know the support she received from charities such as Macmillan made a massive difference to her and her husband", said Emma.
The event will be hosted by Emma at 26 Haxby Road on Thursday. To increase the percentage of profit for this valuable cause, Phoenix cards and Barefoot Books will also be sold at the coffee morning.
- Cancer charity committee looks for volunteers
- Collapse of non-emergency NHS phoneline leads to doubling of cost to Bolton
- Brit soldier first in UK to receive mind-controlled prosthetic limb
- Since Asperger revelation, Susan Boyle performs on Loose Women for the
- Gerard Butler’s appeal against five-year ban