According to a trial report, a new medicine named ivabradine for heart patients will cost only £10 a week. This new pill will be quite cost-effective and would be able to save lives of many chest pain patients.
By using this new drug, NHs will be able to save millions. It will also decrease the hospital admissions by a quarter.
One of the experts involved in the trial, Prof. Martin Cowie said that with the advent of this new drug as many as 10,000 heart failure patients’ lives could be saved each year in the United Kingdom. The expert also said that the new medicine will be a breakthrough in the medical science.
For the trial, a total of 6,500 people from 37 countries were taken. These were those patients who were already taking standard drugs like beta-blockers.
After conducting the trial for two years, it was found that ivabradine drug reduced the risk of death from heart failure by 26%.
It is worth mentioning that as many as 700,000 people, who are above 45, suffer from heart failure. The heart stops functioning when the heart is not able to pump sufficient blood in the entire body.
The findings of this research were presented at the yearly meeting of European Society of Cardiology (ESC) in Stockholm.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism