A group of skittish business people have decided to inject 10 million pounds in to the Airdrie Savings Bank to expand its business in UK. The group of businessmen which includes Sir David Murray, Sir Tom Farmer and Brian Souter has taken this step in order to help the bank to expand its business and to lend more for the small businesses.
One of the businessmen of the group, Mr. Brian Souter has said the people of Scotland had lost their faith on the Scottish banks because of the debt crisis in recent past and he also said it was the right time to build a new bank for the people which could raise the confidence of people over the banks of Scotland.
The Airdrie Bank has seven branches currently in North Lanarkshire and the bank is celebrating its 175th birthday in this year. The bank has a plan to open more branches in UK in next one and half year. The bank is the last independent savings bank in Scotland as it operates without any shareholder's stake.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism