As per a new study from the Urban Institute, over half of all nine month old babies whose upbringing is being done in very terrible conditions or poverty are raised by those moms that are suffering from grave depression.
Almost 11% infants in poverty are nurtured by those mothers who are patients of severe depression, in contrast to 7% of all infants.
The first of its kind report said that depression can make it terrible for a parent to offer proper care in a safe environment. There have been proofs, which have shown that depression can play a very important role in weakening the way a parent nurtures a child.
Depression leads to inferior social growth and other troubles such as behavioral, psychological, physical and mental health in kids.
The thing that pricks the most is that depression is mostly treatable and the damage inflected upon a child is preventable.
As per the given Government’s report in the previous year, the poverty rate rose by 13.2% in the year 2008, which was 12.5% in 2007.
In the year 2007, 37.3 million people lived in poverty, which ultimately rose to a whopping 39.8 million for the year 2008.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn