Aberdeen’s Lord Provost Peter Stephen is encouraging people to participate in the Worlds’ Biggest Coffee Morning event.
The city council’s town house was the place where Peter Stephen had enjoyed a cup of coffee with the team of Macmillan Cancer Support to encourage people raise millions of funds by taking part in the upcoming event.
“Macmillan is there for people from the moment they are diagnosed, with medical and practical help, as well as emotional and financial support”, Mr. Stephen said.
The lord provost is hoping to raise more than £8million from coffee mornings, which will take place all across the UK on September 24, simultaneously.
Lady Provost Sandra Stephen, wife of lord provost, has also attended yesterday’s coffee event and next week, she will also organize coffee mornings at their residence.
The charity’s fundraising manager for the north of Scotland, Katie Smart said if the fundraisers cannot attend the event on September 24 due to any reason, they should feel free to organize the coffee morning next day.
She also added that it is not necessary to take part in the event, and all that matters is to raise money so that Macmillan would be able to reach more people in your area who are affected by cancer.
- Lydia, First Great White Shark Known to Swim from One Side of Atlantic to Other
- Robots to Walk Streets within 10 Years
- Bitcoin investors call for protection after collapse of two major Bitcoin platforms
- South Yorkshire cottage has been crashed into by 40 cars over last 14 years
- Doctors to Reconstruct People's Faces with Stem Cells from their Fat