Best Buy, lead retailer of iPads in the United States besides Apple, is preparing to launch its new tablet via Rocketfish brand. The CTO of Best Buy and creator of Geek Squad posted some pictures of the upcoming tablet on the Twitter.
As of now, nothing much is known about the tablet, like on which Operating System it will run.
It is noteworthy that Best Buy decided to bring its new tablet in the market after its competitor Kmart declared to launch Augen’s Gentouch78, which is a small 7.0-inch tablet PC with an 800 MHz processor, Google Android, RAM capacity of 256 MBs, and 2 GB expandable memory on a price of just $150 USD. The Gentouch78 hit the market from July 31.
As per the photos posted on TwitPic, the size, form factor, and connectors of the tablet are quite similar to HP Slate. HP Slate was originally manufactured to work on Windows 7, but after HP’s acquirement of Palm, the device has been cancelled. Instead, it is slated to work on Palm’s WebOS.
Weblog CrunchGear comments that Rocketfish mainly consists of re-branded goods. The archetype could be like an Android tablet in which there will be a front-facing camera, as Mr. Stephens has mentioned about it on Twitter earlier.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism