It is not fairly known as to how many people in South Carolina have signed up for high risk health insurance pool that is operated by the Federal Government, an initiative that is a month old, brought in by the new Federal Health insurance scheme.
On a national level, almost 2,400 people have applied for the plan so far. The U. S. Department of Health and Human Services, has although denied that by offering the actual figures of the enrolled people it stated was too early to use the enrollment as a calculative option on hand.
The Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan is crafted in such a way to temporarily stop gap to permit dwellers suffering from pre-existing ailments for instance asthma, HIV-AIDS and diabetes so as to acquire coverage until the year 2014.
After this, insurance providers would no longer be able to deny coverage to the populace with chronic ailments.
The extensive Affordable Care Act, that was passed by Congress and signed by President Barack Obama, will forbid the denials in all levels.
South Carolina became one of the 22 states that have opted to let the fed Government run high risk insurance pool for their state.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism