Foxconn will be building another plant in Central China. The Company is already under a lot of pressure due to the deaths of its employees.
Foxconn is the Chinese subsidiary of Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry.
The new plant will be built by Futaihua Precision Electronics for Foxconn at a cost of $100M USD plant in central China's Henan province. The new plant is expected to employ nearly 200,000 workers and it will make 200,000 phones every day. It will also make $13B USD of exports every year.
Foxconn has emphasized that this plant will significantly improve working conditions for its employees. It will allow some of the workers to shift closer to their home. It will also relieve the work pressure on the employees, who are forced to work overtime due to the high demand.
Foxconn is hopeful that the plant will also help in the development of the whole Henan region and surrounding areas.
Apple is one of the biggest customers of Foxconn. It mainly sources iPhone, iPad, and iPod mobile devices from Foxconn and its various subsidiaries. The new plant is mainly expected to produce iPhones.
The construction work for the new plant will start from August 20. It is expected to be completed within a year and become fully operational.
- Inquest into Death of Dylan Crean, 3, Finds Communication Failings between Agencies
- Denise Welch Shares Her Experience during Fight against Depression
- Toy Car Helps 16-Year-Old Girl Recover of Paralysis
- Lack of Support Makes Carers in Scotland Fail in Relationships
- Vodafone pays no corporation tax in UK for second consecutive year, despite earning over £5bn