Blizzard Entertainment has said on Tuesday that 1.5 million copies of ‘Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty’ have been sold in the first 48 hours.
In the first 24 hours, 1 million copies of this highly anticipated game were sold and an additional 500,000 copies were sold the next day. With this, Starcraft II has set a record of the fastest-selling strategy game of all time.
The game hit the stores of Europe, North America and more than dozen other nations on June 27. Doors of more than 800 stores were opened by the store managers for the crazy gamers.
"We're pleased that so many people around the world have already picked up a copy of the game, and we look forward to welcoming even more players to Battle. net in the weeks and months ahead”, said Mike Morhaime, Chief Executive and Co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment.
According to GameStop, "Starcraft II" is its fastest-selling PC game since the launch of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King by Blizzard in 2008. ‘Starcraft’ first appeared in 1998.
Currently, Starcraft II is available for the Mac and the PC. It was reported that StarCraft II has just taken five days to sell more in the UK, whereas, it’s earlier version did not easily manage to achieve the same results 12 years ago.
- Gentle Electrical Stimulation May Help in Improving Maths Skills
- Mutated BRCA1 Gene Increases Breast Cancer Risk
- Research Finds Huge Increase in Type-2 Diabetes, Under-40 Hardest Hit
- Step Forward in IVF Treatment in 30 Can Mount up Baby Production Three-times
- David Cameron Blamed for ‘Scaremongering’ Over Health Tourism